Monday, May 21, 2012

Carrot Pie

"Like pumpkin pie only with a lighter taste and texture."
  Carrot Pie

1 ½ Pounds Carrots cut up
½ cup of raw cane sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 beaten eggs (replacer)
1 ¼ cup of soymilk
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1 unbaked 9 inch pastry shell

If using fresh carrots, cook carrots, covered, in about 1 cup of water for 30 to 40 minutes or till   very tender. Drain. Puree cooked carrots in a blender, food processor, or food mill till smooth. (you should have about 2 cups.) In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, soymilk, and cinnamon. Add carrots: mix well. Turn into  pastry shell. Cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in a 375° oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil: bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or till a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings. 

Questions? Please leave a comment below and we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

If you have a Facebook and would like to receive updates every time we put up a new recipe, or if  you would like to know when we are having any events in the Rocklin area, please like our Rocklin Wellness Health Fair Page.

3 comments:

  1. I love all the stuff with carrots. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I will try it out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Hope it turns out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested on this carrot pie. Before I didn't eat carrots but my brother told me that carrot is good to our health he said also that carrot could fight cancerous. I think this carrot pie is very delicious I will follow the instruction so that I can cook it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete