- 2 ¼ cup white pastry flour
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup chilled water
In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients: 2 ¼ cup of white pastry flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, whisk.
‘Cut in’ your vegan margarine + flour mix with a fork or pastry cutter (‘cutting in’ means to combine together without getting the heat from your fingers into the margarine). You want to make sure your flour, margarine + tools are all cool when you do this process. This creates a flaky crust.
Once you’ve cut in the flour + margarine, add 1/3 cup of cold chilled water to the mix and knead the dough slightly with your fork to incorporate the water.
On a clean surface, lay out your flour and roll your dough up into a big ball. Shrink wrap and throw it in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup corn starch or corn flour
- ¼ teaspoon agar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ 4 cup milk (coconut, soy, rice or almond milk)
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon zest
- If you have any questions please leave a comment or message us on our official Facebook page and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.